Nowadays, we see kids are at the house either doing homework or operating mobile phones or tabs. So, outdoor activities are decreasing, and the children are facing various health issues. Thus, parents should think of something alternative to this situation. To enhance physical activity, they can give their children scooters. But they may get confused about how to choose a scooter for a child.
So, we are giving some buying guide tips for choosing the scooter to ensure a safe and enjoyable childhood for the kids.
Things Need to Be Taken Into Account in Choosing the Kids Scooter
Either to enhance the motor skill from childhood or as fun, children can get scooters. But all the parameters of buying a scooter differ from one child to another. So, the key considerations are-
In Which Age Does the Child Start Scooting:
Physical ability is more important than age. Sometimes, a child with 2 or 3 years of age can ride a scooter. On the contrary, some children of 6 to 7 years old are not efficient in this field. So, buy a beginner scooter based on physical ability.
Two-wheeled or Three-wheeled Scooter:
If your child is a beginner in this field, it is suggested to buy him or her a three-wheeled scooter. There are various types of three-wheeled scooters- two front wheels, one rear wheel, one front wheel two rear wheels. The scooters with three wheels have lean-to-turn steering, which is essential for balance. The two-wheeled scooter is hard to ride for beginners. Your child may need to push higher to go forward.
The Wheel Size:
It is a common thing that a bigger scooter needs bigger wheels. So, choose wheels according to age, weight, motor skills. The small wheels are from 100mm to 125mm, and the medium wheels are from 145mm to 185mm, large wheels are from 190 mm to 205 mm. The small-sized scooters are nimble, but the large-sized scooters are suitable for rough places.
When the scooter’s wheel size will be larger, the deck will also be more extensive. Larger scooter decks have more bearing capacity. So, to have a safe journey deck size is essential.
We all know that there are so many kids who get injured by riding an electric scooter. So, we need to assure the weight capacity of the electric scooter. Sometimes the weight of your child might be less, but when he or she is loaded with schoolbags, the weight will push the limit of the scooter. Product quality, age limitations, the bearing capacity -all these things are the prerequisites for buying an electric scooter for kids.
How to choose a scooter for a child – precautions
For Kick Scooter:
- Choose the scooters that don’t have handlebars higher than the child’s neck.
- See whether the children are practicing or not, and without this, all of the endeavors will go in vain.
- Wear protective accessories.
- The guardian should examine everything before the ride and don’t let them go alone in the highways with their scooter.
- Teach your children instructions about the traffic rules.
For Electric Scooter:
- Examine the joints, guards, other parts before every ride.
- Check the brake functioning, tire inflation for the proper tread.
- Replace the broken parts with the authorized ones
- Always charge your scooters before every ride.
- Avoid the roads with pits.
- Don’t leave the handlebars.
We are recommending a scooter that could deliver the proper features of the best kids scooter. So, after scrutinizing a lot of scooters’ reviews to find out which is the best scooter for kids, we have come to a decision. Wonder View Kick Scooter Kids 3 Wheel Scooter will be a perfect choice for your kids.
Overall Specification about the Wonder View Kick Scooter and Electric Scooter
Kids 3 Wheel Scooters
Wonder View is a professional manufacturer, and one of their products is a three-wheel kick scooter for kids. This scooter is recommended for its durability and stability. There is a wide deck width a 5.3 inches width, and the base is stainless -steel.
The scooter is foldable, and you can adjust the height from 28 inches to 35 inches according to your needs. Again, the scooter can accommodate children from 3 to 13 ages. The flashy PU wheels give the scooter a trendy look, and in the front, the size of the aluminum pipe is 1.5 mm.
- The illuminated wheels for LEDs and composition with magnetic steel – are the exceptional aspects of this scooter.
- There is a 5.3” wide durable deck to scoot comfortably.
- There is a base of stainless steel.
- Unique dual rear wheels and easy-touch fender brake are also lucrative features.
- It can bear up to 154Ibs.
Why Is This Scooter Exceptional From Others?
- This kick scooter is there to generate both confidence and competence in riding.
- It teaches balancing, steering, turning, stopping, etc.
- The triangle designs increase the robustness of the scooter.
- The wheels provide smooth rolling on the path and also give an impressive appearance in the dark. Again, the PU wheels reduce noise, absorb shock, and protect floors.
- Children can put their feet on the deck and can scoot.
- For its foldable design, it is portable and easy to store.
- The wheels provide a good grip, and the brake offers a quick stop.
Kids Electric Scooters
Power Core E100 Electric Scooter Aluminum Deck and E100 Glow Electric Scooter are the best for kids from 8 to 12 years old. The EcoSmart Metro Electric Scooter is preferable for kids above 13.
Children should ride a scooter in their leisure time than operate gadgets. A child who has a proper gait can easily have a scooter. But a thing you need to consider is that you cannot let your children ride a scooter from an anonymous brand.
The scooter needs to have all the qualities to give your child a gleeful and safe ride. Finally, by going through this article, you will get to know how to choose a scooter for a child. We think you will understand the ins and outs of such a buying guide. Above all, please be cautious about the safety measures.